Recent news and links:
- I received the AFOSR YIP for my proposal in optimization and control, titled
"Scalable Algorithms with Formal Guarantees for Lyapunov Analysis of Control Systems via Algebraic Optimization."
- Slides from CDC'13 on sos-convex Lyapunov functions.
- Slides from GeoLMI'13 on DSOS and SDSOS Programming.
- I received the US Junior Oberwolfach Fellowship.
- Alex Olshevsky is visiting us at IBM in December.
- Recent and upcoming sessions I am organizing:
- New directions in large-scale and sparse conic programming, minisymposium proposal submitted to SIOPT'14
Speakers: Chandrasekaran, El Ghaoui, Sun, Recht
- Recent advances in conic optimization, INFORMS '13
Speakers: Alizadeh, Anjos, Tawarmalani, Zuluaga
- Approximation algorithms, MOPTA'13
Speakers: Asadpour, Sinop
- Algebraic algorithms and applications, ICCOPT'13
Speakers: Monniaux, Uhler, Varvitsiotis
- Tutorial lecture on "SOS-Convexity and its Applications" at CDC'13, workshop on "Recent
advances in semialgebraic geometry: applications in system identification, estimation and filtering", organized by Diego Regruto.
- Our paper on the joint spectral radius is to appear in SIAM J. on Control and Optimization.
- Slides for talk at ACC'13: complexity of 10 decision problems in continuous time dynamical systems
- Our paper on controller design along trajectories and its experimental validation won the Best Conference Paper Award at the 2013 International Conference on Robotics and Automation.
- Guest post on the blog of Sébastien Bubeck on "Sum of Squares Techniques: An Introduction" -> Part I, Part II
- Three of our papers (1, 2, 3) were awarded the 2012 INFORMS Computing Society Prize for best work at the interface of Operations Research and Computer Science.
- My Ph.D. thesis, [abstract only]
- My CV
- Article by LIDS Magazine: Set to Optimize
- Our paper on complexity of 10 decision problems in continuous time dynamical systems was just accepted to ACC'13.
- This November, I am visiting Raphaël Jungers at the ICTEAM Institute at UCL.
- Raphaël Jungers is visiting us at IBM this February.
- This March and April, I am visiting Michael Overton at NYU, and Eduardo Sontag and Farid Alizadeh at Rutgers.
- I am serving on the technical committee of the IEEE GlobalSIP-2013 Symposium on Signal and Information Processing in Finance and Economics.
Recent and upcoming talks (summer 2012 on):