Recent news and links:
- Some new slides:
- This spring, I am teaching a graduate course on convex and conic optimization, ORF 523.
- I received the 2014 Teaching Award by the Princeton Engineering council for the undergraduate class I developed on Computing and Optimization (ORF 363).
- I received the US Junior Oberwolfach Fellowship for a second time.
- I am giving a plenary talk in Liege as part of the Belgian program on Dynamical Systems, Control, and Optimization.
- Our paper on robust minimum volume ellipsoids and polynomial level sets with Dmitry Malioutov and Ronny Luss is one of three papers selected for oral presentation at the 7th NIPS workshop on Optimization for Machine Learning.
- I am teaching a new undergraduate course in the Fall: ORF 363, Computing and Optimization.
- I am organizing the Princeton Optimization Seminar, a new seminar series we just started at ORFE. See future and past talks.
- New tutorial paper out for CDC'14
- I received the AFOSR YIP for my proposal in optimization and control, titled
"Scalable Algorithms with Formal Guarantees for Lyapunov Analysis of Control Systems via Algebraic Optimization."
- I am serving on the technical committee of
- Slides from CDC'13 on sos-convex Lyapunov functions.
- Slides from GeoLMI'13 on DSOS and SDSOS Programming.
- I received the US Junior Oberwolfach Fellowship.
- Recent and upcoming sessions I am organizing:
- Optimization in dynamics and control, INFORMS'14
Speakers: Arcak, Pavone
- Applications of sigmoidal and geometric programming, INFORMS'14
Speakers: Hoburg, Preciado, Udell
- Optimization in dynamical systems, MOPTA'14
Speakers: Roozbehani, Vanderbei
- New directions in large-scale and sparse conic programming, minisymposium at SIOPT'14
Speakers: Chandrasekaran, El Ghaoui, Sun, Recht
- Recent advances in conic optimization, INFORMS '13
Speakers: Alizadeh, Anjos, Tawarmalani, Zuluaga
- Approximation algorithms, MOPTA'13
Speakers: Asadpour, Sinop
- Algebraic algorithms and applications, ICCOPT'13
Speakers: Monniaux, Uhler, Varvitsiotis
- Tutorial lecture on "SOS-Convexity and its Applications" at CDC'13, workshop on "Recent
- advances in semialgebraic geometry: applications in system identification, estimation and filtering", organized by Diego Regruto.
- Our paper on the joint spectral radius is to appear in SIAM J. on Control and Optimization.
- Slides for talk at ACC'13: complexity of 10 decision problems in continuous time dynamical systems
- Our paper on controller design along trajectories and its experimental validation won the Best Conference Paper Award at the 2013 International Conference on Robotics and Automation.
- Guest post on the blog of Sébastien Bubeck on "Sum of Squares Techniques: An Introduction" -> Part I, Part II
- Three of our papers (1, 2, 3) were awarded the 2012 INFORMS Computing Society Prize for best work at the interface of Operations Research and Computer Science.
- My Ph.D. thesis, [abstract only]
- My CV
- Article by LIDS Magazine: Set to Optimize
- Our paper on complexity of 10 decision problems in continuous time dynamical systems was just accepted to ACC'13.
- This November, I am visiting Raphaël Jungers at the ICTEAM Institute at UCL.
- This March and April, I am visiting Michael Overton at NYU, and Eduardo Sontag and Farid Alizadeh at Rutgers.
- I am serving on the technical committee of the IEEE GlobalSIP-2013 Symposium on Signal and Information Processing in Finance and Economics.
Recent and upcoming talks (some slides available here):
- Oberwolfach Meeting on Mixed Integer Nonlinear Programming (11/15)
- ISMP'15 (7/15)
- Belgian program on Dynamical Systems, Control, and Optimization, Liege (5/15)
- Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University (5/15)
- Scientific and Statistical Computing Seminar, Department of Statistics, Univ. of Chicago (5/15)
- Department of Operations Research and Industrial Engineering, University of Texas at Austin (5/15)
- Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Queen's University (3/15)
- MAA/AMS Joint Mathematics Meeting, Session on Algebraic and Geometric Methods in Applied Discrete Mathematics (1/15)
- IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Los Angeles (12/14)
- INFORMS, San Francisco (11/14)
- ISyE Colloquium, Georgia Tech (10/14)
- Department of Econometrics and Operations Research, Tilburg University, (8/14)
- Workshop on Uncertain Dynamical Systems (8/14)
- MOPTA at Lehigh (8/14)
- SIAM Conference on Optimization (5/14)
- Institute for Systems Theory and Automatic Control, University of Stuttgart (4/14)
- Real Algebraic Geometry with a View Towards Systems Control and Free Positivity,
- Conference on Information Sciences and Systems, Princeton (3/14)
- IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (12/13)
- Geometry and Algebra of Linear Matrix Inequalities, Centre International de Rencontres Mathematiques (11/13)
- Dept. of Business Analytics and Mathematical Sciences at IBM Watson (11/13)
- INFORMS (10/13)
- Institut Henri Poincare, COST Workshop on MINLP (9/13)
- MOPTA at Lehigh (8/13)
- International Conference on Continuous Optimization (8/13)
- Thematic programme on Polynomial Optimisation, Isaac Newton Institute for Mathematical Sciences (7/13)
- American Control Conference (6/13)
- Rutgers, Center for Operations Research (4/13)
- NYU, Computer Science (3/13)
- IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (12/12)
- ICTEAM Institute at Universite catholique de Louvain (11/12)
- Dept. of Business Analytics and Mathematical Sciences at IBM Watson (10/12)
- INFORMS (10/12)
- International Symposium on Mathematical Programming (08/12)
- Dept. of Business Analytics and Mathematical Sciences at IBM Watson (08/12)
- MathFest (08/12)
- American Control Conference (06/12)