Recent news and links:
- I am teaching a new undergraduate course in the Fall: ORF 363, Computing and Optimization.
- New tutorial paper out for CDC'14
- I received the AFOSR YIP for my proposal in optimization and control, titled
"Scalable Algorithms with Formal Guarantees for Lyapunov Analysis of Control Systems via Algebraic Optimization."
- Slides from CDC'13 on sos-convex Lyapunov functions.
- Slides from GeoLMI'13 on DSOS and SDSOS Programming.
- I received the US Junior Oberwolfach Fellowship.
- Recent and upcoming sessions I am organizing:
- Optimization in dynamics and control, INFORMS'14
Speakers: Arcak, Pavone
- Applications of sigmoidal and geometric programming, INFORMS'14
Speakers: Hoburg, Preciado, Udell
- Optimization in dynamical systems, MOPTA'14
Speakers: Roozbehani, Vanderbei
- New directions in large-scale and sparse conic programming, minisymposium at SIOPT'14
Speakers: Chandrasekaran, El Ghaoui, Sun, Recht
- Recent advances in conic optimization, INFORMS '13
Speakers: Alizadeh, Anjos, Tawarmalani, Zuluaga
- Approximation algorithms, MOPTA'13
Speakers: Asadpour, Sinop
- Algebraic algorithms and applications, ICCOPT'13
Speakers: Monniaux, Uhler, Varvitsiotis
- Alex Olshevsky is visiting us at IBM in December.
- Tutorial lecture on "SOS-Convexity and its Applications" at CDC'13, workshop on "Recent
advances in semialgebraic geometry: applications in system identification, estimation and filtering", organized by Diego Regruto.
- Our paper on the joint spectral radius is to appear in SIAM J. on Control and Optimization.
- Slides for talk at ACC'13: complexity of 10 decision problems in continuous time dynamical systems
- Our paper on controller design along trajectories and its experimental validation won the Best Conference Paper Award at the 2013 International Conference on Robotics and Automation.
- Guest post on the blog of Sébastien Bubeck on "Sum of Squares Techniques: An Introduction" -> Part I, Part II
- Three of our papers (1, 2, 3) were awarded the 2012 INFORMS Computing Society Prize for best work at the interface of Operations Research and Computer Science.
- My Ph.D. thesis, [abstract only]
- My CV
- Article by LIDS Magazine: Set to Optimize
- Our paper on complexity of 10 decision problems in continuous time dynamical systems was just accepted to ACC'13.
- This November, I am visiting Raphaël Jungers at the ICTEAM Institute at UCL.
- Raphaël Jungers is visiting us at IBM this February.
- This March and April, I am visiting Michael Overton at NYU, and Eduardo Sontag and Farid Alizadeh at Rutgers.
- I am serving on the technical committee of the IEEE GlobalSIP-2013 Symposium on Signal and Information Processing in Finance and Economics.
Recent and upcoming talks (some slides available here):
- MAA/AMS Joint Mathematics Meeting, Session on Algebraic and Geometric Methods in Applied Discrete Mathematics (1/15)
- Department of Operations Research and Industrial Engineering, University of Texas at Austin (1/15)
- IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Los Angeles (12/14)
- INFORMS, San Francisco (11/14)
- ISyE Colloquium, Georgia Tech (10/14)
- Department of Econometrics and Operations Research, Tilburg University, (8/14)
- Workshop on Uncertain Dynamical Systems (8/14)
- MOPTA at Lehigh (8/14)
- Scientific and Statistical Computing Seminar, Univ. of Chicago
- SIAM Conference on Optimization (5/14)
- Institute for Systems Theory and Automatic Control, University of Stuttgart (4/14)
- Real Algebraic Geometry with a View Towards Systems Control and Free Positivity,
- Conference on Information Sciences and Systems, Princeton (3/14)
- IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (12/13)
- Geometry and Algebra of Linear Matrix Inequalities, Centre International de Rencontres Mathematiques (11/13)
- Dept. of Business Analytics and Mathematical Sciences at IBM Watson (11/13)
- INFORMS (10/13)
- Institut Henri Poincare, COST Workshop on MINLP (9/13)
- MOPTA at Lehigh (8/13)
- International Conference on Continuous Optimization (8/13)
- Thematic programme on Polynomial Optimisation, Isaac Newton Institute for Mathematical Sciences (7/13)
- American Control Conference (6/13)
- Rutgers, Center for Operations Research (4/13)
- NYU, Computer Science (3/13)
- IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (12/12)
- ICTEAM Institute at Universite catholique de Louvain (11/12)
- Dept. of Business Analytics and Mathematical Sciences at IBM Watson (10/12)
- INFORMS (10/12)
- International Symposium on Mathematical Programming (08/12)
- Dept. of Business Analytics and Mathematical Sciences at IBM Watson (08/12)
- MathFest (08/12)
- American Control Conference (06/12)